As a family law attorney, I, Ronald K. Stitch, have been drafting prenuptial, premarital and postnuptial agreements for over 35 years. I have been a certified family law specialist for over 20 years. I understand California law regarding premarital and postnuptial agreements and can customize a community property scheme to fit individual needs.
What To Consider When Drafting A Marital Agreement
During the consultation my office will have with a prospective client regarding the drafting of a premarital/prenuptial agreement (“prenup”) or postnuptial agreement, we will review the following:
- Separate property and how to keep property separate, including the rents, issues, profits, increases, appreciation, earnings, and income
- How community property and income acquired during the marriage may be allocated between spouses
- Spousal support and the current laws regarding spousal support provisions
- Waiver of the right to inherit under each other’s respective estates
- Retirement accounts
- The importance of independent legal counsel for both parties
- Applicable law and the validity of the agreement
We will use this information to draft an agreement that allows you to start your new life with peace of mind.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
At The Law Offices of Ronald K. Stitch, we represent clients throughout Ventura County and Los Angeles County. To schedule a free consultation with me or my associate Stephanie Rose O’Connor, please contact my firm in Westlake Village at 818-237-4574.